I started looking at a hair-do blog sometime in the late spring of 2010. With a leisurely summer and plenty of time to try them out, Samantha allowed me to fuss with her hair. Sometimes I put my own spin on the hair-do, but most of them are not my own idea. Most of these pictures are from that time. I don't always have time to do something fancy before she needs to leave for school, but most days I try a little something.
Star braids with crazy buns
I wish I'd gotten a better picture of this one. She was in her pajamas here and had taken the red ribbons out of the buns already. It absolutely took a while to do, but we did it for a big church party and to match the stars on her red, white, and blue sun dress.

French front wrap around ponytail

French front wrap around ponytail, side view

The "Y" braid
I varied this one by doing a fish bone style braid.
We like to think this one represents our undying love for BYU. GO COUGARS!
The "Y" braid side/top view
Pretzel bun
Samantha's hair is so long right now I had to do a little more wrapping than was shown on the hairstyle blog. It worked thankfully and stayed in pretty well.
Peeking at the Pretzel bun

Twistback into ponytail twists
Twistback into ponytail twists, side view
Bundled braids
Bundled braids, side view

Knotty ponytail

Squared parts with flipped braids
I didn't take this pic until the end of the day and it shows. We'd taken a day trip to Great Falls that day, so she'd also been resting her head as we traveled.

Squared parts with flipped braids, top view (Go ahead and notice the mess on the bedroom floor. Then tell me your kids always have clean rooms.);o)

Wrap around french braid to side ponytail
This was also a day I didn't snap a picture until the end of the day. I think this one will look better with a little practice on my part.

Flip heart braid
This is one of my favorites! I've done it a lot because it's so easy. The outfit Samantha is wearing has hearts on it and so she often requests this hair-do to match. Lots of fun and very cute. I did it once with the fish bone braids as well.

I didn't do this one until Valentine's Day of this year, but I wanted to throw it in since it's such a crazy, fun one. X's and O's ;o)
Lots and lots of fun to fancy up my little girl.
1 comment:
Awesome! I happed upon that blog a couple of years ago. I just don't have the gift! You do, though.
Post a Comment