Monday, August 1, 2011

Blessing Day for Timothy

January 9th of this year was a very special day for Timothy. It was the day of his baby blessing! Before that I had been struggling to find an appropriate outfit that was within my price range. Five days before I needed it, I found one! I was thrilled and posted a picture on Facebook with this caption:

"Yesterday I braved a shopping trip to Macy's with all five kids in tow by myself. This included an exhausted 2 year old who literally flopped down on the store's floor crying, kicking, screaming, and pounding her fists. The others were relatively good, just loud. But I've only found baby blessing outfits I like online for anywhere from $40-$100+, so I had to check here in the poor shopping of Helena. Worth the chaos? If you call a $35 outfit marked down to $7.99, but actually $5.59 at the register worth it, then YES!!!! I love a deal and a successful shop just makes a girl feel good!"

The blessing was a wonderful experience. What a happy thing that our babies can start life out with a blessing from their Heavenly Father. I love this simple explanation that I found on the LDS church website of what happens in a baby blessing.

"The father, if he holds the Melchizedek Priesthood and is worthy, or another person who holds the Melchizedek Priesthood, holds the baby in his arms, assisted by others who must also hold the Melchizedek Priesthood, and says a prayer. In the prayer, he addresses our Father in Heaven, says he performs the ordinance by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood, and gives the baby a name that is chosen by the parents. He then blesses the baby as the Holy Ghost inspires him."


Ross and I with sweet baby Timothy. Note the binky in his mouth. I handed it to Ross as he took the baby up to the front of the chapel for the blessing. Ross stuck it in his pocket and got Timothy situated in the arms of all the men in the circle. Then he started the prayer and Timothy began to wail! The binky would have helped, but Ross couldn't reach it in his pocket. Oh well. The blessing was nice, even if it was hard to hear!


My parents were able to attend and we were glad to have them there. We missed Ross's parents though!

I snapped a few photos of Timothy later that evening. (Sadly, I forgot to get a shot of the entire family!)

"Mom, I am so not in the mood for a photo session!"


"Ahh. Sweet relief."


"I'm good now. See how adorable I am?"


"Ready for a group shot now. We are three handsome little men!"


"I'm just chillin'. You can look at my cute sister."


"Samantha and I are smiling with our eyes. See?"

1 comment:

Party of Five said...

Tyra would be so proud of the "smeyes." HA! I'm proud of myself for remembering it! I haven't watched that show since like, season 3. Or is it cycle 3? I dunno. All I know is that I LuhluhLove tiny tim. And those pics of him are A.Dorable. Hugs!

Word ver: aundowin- The phonetic pronunciation of "I'm wondering" as interpreted by Rebecca Wilkins.
;)